Well, here we are at the final Wednesday Gratitude day and I'm thinking I *really* wish I had written mine out earlier in the week before all the news yesterday and today about carrying on with the whole War is Peace thing. Yeah, we all knew it was coming, but don't you just like that in-between time where you can hang on to a shred of hope that something will be done to turn the old Business as Usual on it's head?!
1. I'm thankful we'll be in Chicago next week when the official War is Peace speech/advertisement is supposed to happen. Glad I'll be somewhere where I can find people gathering together to speak out, even though I'm pretty sure the decider types don't listen.
2. I'm thankful to be spending today and tomorrow baking & cooking with Matt & Ri & Maya & Seth.
3. I'm thankful that for the last several years we've been leaving behind old holiday traditions that were stressing everyone out and creating our own happier traditions.
4. I'm thankful that things like Farm Sanctuary exist and that "our" adopted turkey gets to live there.
5. I'm thankful for the shift in mood that a little gratitude brings. Thank you, Clint, for the idea and Clint, Frank, Sandra, Lisa, and everyone else who has played along. Loved reading all of your posts each week!