A few of the things I'm thankful for:
1. All of the new things we've gotten to see and do and learn about this week in Baltimore and D.C. -- the museums, the aquarium, the metro, the harbor, the parks. And I'm thankful that we get to do those kinds of things when there aren't big crowds.
2. I'm not usually thankful for my Kentucky accent, but this week we got to meet and chat with several people because of it -- must have really stood out here! One was surprised that we live in KY but don't own any horses. Another was surprised that our grass is not really blue. If anyone was surprised that we were wearing shoes, they were too nice to say so! ;-)
3. For learning that sounds like "Oooooh, look at this!" or "Hey, check this out!"
4. For candy -- because of general yummy goodness & because something so simple can make such a huge difference on a mile-long walk with tired kids at the end of the day.
5. For some upcoming down time with no plans.