Lifted from my friend Shannon's blog, Hoppy Hollow Farm.
The Christmas List
1. Real tree or artificial? Real. I tried once or twice to use an indoor, potted Norfolk pine tree like this. They were really small and pitiful looking -- worse when decorated than when not decorated. Kind of a reverse effect of the little tree in the Charlie Brown Christmas cartoon. Now we go to a cut-your-own tree place, and that's a lot of fun. After Christmas we prop it in the backyard and put bird treats on it through the winter. (We don't have any other evergreen trees in our yard).
2. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend in December.
3. When do you take down the tree? The weekend after Christmas.
4.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.
5. When do you start Christmas shopping? Usually in December but this year I shopped in November & finished all but some online shopping *before* Thanksgiving! My most peaceful, fun, stress-free Christmas shopping ever.
6. Who is the hardest person to buy for? Everyone's pretty easy, really.
7. Easiest person to buy for? Seth. He asked for "every boy toy in the universe" this year. My options were wide open!!
8. Angel on top of the tree, or star? I think we have Mary.
9. What is the worst Christmas gift you ever got? I can't remember a bad gift.
10. What is the best gift you received as a child? My first camera when I was 10.
11. What is your favorite food to eat at Christmas time? It used to be sausage balls before I was vegetarian. Oh, crap! Wonder what they taste like with fake-meat sausage?!?
12. What do you want for Christmas this year? To have *fun*, to bake a lot, to not get stressed out about the addition of pine needles to all the dog hair that's always all over the floor.
Play along if you want! If you decide to play, leave me a comment and let me know.