Thursday, October 30, 2008

I carved my first pumpkin!

Can you believe I'm 36 years old and, before today, I had never carved a pumpkin?! My Dad always carved ours when I was a kid, and then for some reason Matt has just always carved the ones we've had together.




Anyway, today I drew & carved the face for Seth's -- he wanted "monster-angry."





Maya drew hers and cut the top off but wanted me to carve the face.




Riley drew and carved his. He didn't like pulling out the "guts," so Maya and Seth and I did that, separating out the seeds for roasting.





We sat outside telling different versions of the Jack-O-Lantern story -- some that I had read and some that they knew from cartoons.

Maya made up a story with hers -- a mystery about a villain that had cancelled Halloween.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm -- sometimes I can't get any hard return spacing that I put in when composing to show up in the actual post version. Today I have extras I can't seem to take out. ????